One thing that you should know is that I absolutely LOVE movies...of ALL kinds! Thought I'd share a few of the recent ones I have seen or think you should see:
1. 27 Dresses-Total chick flick and so adorable! Especially the new rendition of an Elton John song.
2. Lars and the Real Girl- Hilarious yet very heart-felt with a man's love for a plastic life-like doll. And who doesn't love Ryan Gosling!
3. Enchanted- Very cute modern day fairytale!
4. August Rush- Sooooo good! It'll definitely touch your heart and make you teary-eyed.
5. P.S. I Love You- Great movie and book! Usually I prefer one over the other but I loved both with this one. It's funny but a tear-jearker and I loved the Irish touches.
6. Across the Universe- FABULOUS! If you are a Beatles fan then you can't help but love this movie...and even if you aren't you can't deny the uniqueness of the cinematography and music. I didn't even get to see the end but WOW!
7. Waitress- Cute, small town girl who loves to make pies! By the way I also LOVE dessert so this was right up my alley! (minus the affair with her doctor!)
8. Hot Fuzz- It's been out for a little while but I just have to mention it b/c not enough people have experienced it's greatness! It's British and absolutely hilarious! Rent it!
9. Atonement- It's a really well made movie with beautiful music and it's unlike any other movie you've seen. I walked out not really knowing how I felt about it and I still feel that way. But when I have described it to other people I remember how much I loved it! See it and you'll understand. I have the book but I am just now starting it...so far so good!
10. Juno- Ellen Page who is the pregnant teenager, Juno, is precious and very talented. I love her wittiness and sense of humor!
11. Becoming Jane- It's out to rent now and it is a great portrayal of Jane Austen's life. If you LOVE her like I do then you will adore this movie!
12. Fracture- Yet another Ryan Gosling movie...He and Anthony Hopkins are amazing together and it will definitely keep your attention until the very last moment.
I bought a new CD tonight, Sara Bareilles, who sings the "Love Song" and I love it all ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Okay, You can really tell I am a Mommy and don't get to go to the movies much. The only movie on your list that I have seen is JUNO and I LOVED it!! I guess the matter of the movie made me love it much more. I was crying the entire end of the movie and I am not talking little tears I was balling. I think she was very brave to handle her situation like she did.
Hopefully we will get to see you soon. I only have 6 more weeks. We have been so busy getting the rooms together and painting furniture. Mom and I feeling like we have been on Trading Spaces all weekend.
I love and miss you!!
I don't know if I am more excited about Kyleigh coming or seeing everyone else that is coming.
I still think I am overwhelmed of the thought of Kyleigh coming.
Love you!
Thanks for the movie suggestions!! I will add them to my "to rent" list. I have seen a few of them. LOVED August Rush!! (She did a great job playing/faking the cello)(since I played cello). It is good to hear about your life. I already miss your mom so much. She needs a computer in NOrman!!!! You will always be so special to me and my family, most of all Brenna, but I love you too and love hearing all about you. :)
HI! So the best song on that cd (my opinion) is Fairytale!
hey little sis!!!
I finally watched the Waitress and I liked it. I hated the way she stuck with her awful husband and never stood up to him. I loved the way she saw her baby girl, feel in love and everything else went away and she got this courage from the love of her new baby. Just the last 10 minutes of the movie made it worth watching. If it didn't end that way I don't think I would of liked it.
I miss you and can't wait till you are here.
LOVE YOU!!!!
Post a Comment