Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So it is almost Guatemala time!!!! I leave this Saturday and I am so excited! I am kinda nervous but only because I have no idea what to expect! I got so much done today (while on call for work) and I just have to put everything in my suitcase.

I haven't been too busy lately. I went to Abilene 2 weeks ago to help my sister paint and to spend time with my family. I LOVE their house and the living area/kitchen is 'Tiffany's Box' blue! We went to see "Get Smart" and it is hilarious! Sooooo good!!! I remember staying up "late" to watch that show on Nick at Nite. (It was probably only 10:00!) I got to see Bren and John too so that was nice.

I have had some very busy days at work and I think it all caught up with me last week. I had a migraine that lasted a few days, but in a way I enjoyed the laziness of sleeping in and laying around. Something so new for me, I know! :)
At the beginning of June I went to see "Othello" at 'Shakespeare in the Park' here in Dallas. It is so neat and the weather was gorgeous! They have a stage set up at the bottom of this hill and you sit outside on blankets at night to watch the play. It's every summer/fall and they rotate a few different Shakespeare plays. It was a great experience, although it takes a little while to follow the play because of the old English.
I also received my initiation to summer that week with a lovely sunburn that has taken THREE weeks to finally heal, peel, and feel better. The first week of it was pretty rough! My friend told me about this lotion though called "Sarna" and I highly recommend it! It's better than aloe because it's not sticky and it has this cooling sensation that makes a sunburn bearable!

After Guatemala I am hoping to be in town a few weeks, then venture to Wichita Falls for Tamara's wedding shower, down to San Antonio, then to Lubbock for Tiffany's baby shower, up to Norman, and possibly to Galveston at the end of the summer. The weeks just keep ticking away!

Just want to give a Birthday shout out to my niece Harper (1) and nephew Hudson (3)!!! I can't wait to go see them! They are just too precious for their own good! :)

P.S. Prayers would be greatly appreciated while we are in Guatemala! :)

4 comments:

TamJo said...

Yay for Guatamala!!! (sp?) yall better be safe! and when is Tiffany's baby shower?!

Allison said...

I can't believe you are about to leave. What an experience. Please call when you get home because we want to hear ALL about it. We'll be praying for your safety, AND for the seeds that will be planted in the hearts of those over there.

Thanks for the shout out for the kids. It made me teary eyed thinking that they are about to be 1 and 3. How time is flying by! We love and miss you!!!

Angie said...

Melissa--You are in our prayers. What a wonderful experience for you. I will have my first mission experience when we go to the Phillipines in January.

I did not know that Dallas had Shakespeare in the park!!! We just went to Hamlet at Shakespeare in the park in NYC!!! I loved it!!! Seeing it acted out by really good actors made it much more understandable!

God bless you on your trip!! I love you.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you I guess you are in route or already there now but just in case you check your blog, I LOVE YOU, be careful and remember, "Dios de bandiga." I think that is spelled right. Have a great time and may God bless your efforts!

_Autumn Gilly