Friday, September 5, 2008








I haven't taken many pictures on my camera but these are a few above.

So it has been a long time since I've posted and I'll try to do a quick recap...


I lost my paper with specifics I'd written down about guatemala but just know that it was the most amazing and lifechanging trip I've ever been on. I met so many new people and made some really sweet friends. We got there on a Saturday night and our hotel(as you've seen from my previous post) was the most breath-taking place I've ever stayed. I seriously would go stay there for vacation. Best food, views, nicest staff, beautiful flowers...and the list goes on. On Sunday we had church in English/Spanish with 2 of the local churches and it was awesome. We all sat at tables with different families, ate lunch with them and then had a clinic for all the church members. I had a very sweet translator who was 15 and she ended up helping the last 2 days as well. Everyday we would have yummy breakfast at the hotel, work clinic from 8:30 or so til 6, and then go back to the hotel. There were 6 of us girls who were paired off as roommates and we are all about the same age which was a lot of fun. We ate dinner at a few different restaurants: Frida's-the artist, Pappazitos(?)-pizza place, and then at the hotel. I could have eaten at the hotel every night and I loved loved loved their black bean soup! We had a free day and went to the market and got Guatemalen coffee bag purses, ate at Mono Locos, and hung out by the hot tub. We were pretty exhausted every night so we just wanted a nice relaxing day off. Everyone we met there was so nice, thankful and warm. I worked with the dermatologist and saw some pretty interesting things...for example a lady with a small tumor on her head came in and the doctor did surgery to remove it, then we were curious as to what was actually inside of it so he cut it open and as he did this it exploded all over one of the girls, as well as splattering on the rest of us! It was pretty disgusting but still very cool, and the little old woman who we removed it from thought it was pretty funny when it burst everywhere! I will definitely be going back again. I think everyone should go on a mission trip every few years. It truly humbles you and opens your eyes and heart to God's good works. The coolest part was worshipping with everyone everyday and knowing that even though we may not be able to communicate, we are still worshipping the same God and able to show our love for one another through Him.




I went to 6 Flags with a friend who had never been and we had so much fun! I absolutely love rollercoasters and I even rode Mr. Freeze which I had been to afraid of in the past! :) And let me tell you it is fast but sooooo fun! I also rode the Tx Giant...hated it more than words can express! As soon as it started I wanted to get off...I don't know why anyone would want to ride it more than once. We rode the new Tony Hawk ride and it was very cool, it spins as it goes. There is this harness/free fall thing you can do that I will do next time and it got me to thinking about skydiving. My friend I was with has done it and she said it is the most amazing feeling and experience. She said you don't get that stomachinyourthroat feeling except for a few seconds and then it's fine. I am seriously thinking about it...we'll see if I have the guts to actually go through with it! :) By the end of the day our heads were hurting so we figured we were done...I wonder how many rollercoasters a person can take?




In August, I went to Norman for a little while and hung out with the family. We went shopping and I got my birthday presents early including my GPS, aka Stella. (We figured we should it since she talks to you). Then went to San Antonio to see my favorite little Mullins family, plus Lauren and Tyson. We had so much fun and I had my 2nd early bday celebration. They got me a CUTE cake that said "Happy Birthday Princess Lissa!"-courtesy of my little Hudman. We had a fabulous time as always and were entertained every minute by Hud and Harper.




Last weekend my friend Autumn came to visit and stayed a few days. We had fun catching up and doing our annual shopping trip. We also met some of our nursing buddies from school at The Cheesecake Factory...got our own cheesecakes. I had Brownie bottom sundae and it was delicious!!! We also went to Sprinkles cupcakes one day b/c we just had to try them...must say I was not very impressed. The icing was ok but the cake part was blah. I am the dessert connesiure! :) My parents, Alli and the kids came in Friday night and we ate dinner with them at our fave place MiCocina's...yum!!!! And for the Labor day weekend we went to my Uncle/Aunt's house in Stephenville for a nice relaxing weekend. We had a great time visiting, hanging out in the pool and ate some really good food.




I have been working all week and hope to have a fun weekend hanging out with friends/celebrating my 25th Bday! Hope everyone has a good weekend!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what an amazingly awesome and packed post! your photos are so happy and i must say your hair is once again, amazing :D

it's so great to see that you had a blast on your trip! it really sounded like a great get-away. and that you and autumn got to go on an annual shopping trip? i want to create one of those! that sounds like a fun way to enjoy a weekend :)