(I'm not sure how to get the picture above where it belongs...it doesn't stay when I move it!)




























I ABSOLUTELY LOVE SUMMER!!!! I can't believe it's almost over...not that it makes much difference in my schedule. haha Since it's been since MARCH that I've updated I will attempt to summarize.
Back in May....
I went to see Amos Lee at the Granada Theater with Brandon. The concert was so good and he sang every song I wanted him to. If you haven't listened to him before you should definitely check him out. His music is very mellow and amazing! At the end of the month, we went down to San Antonio so I could meet up with my family for our road trip to Florida and for Brandon's cousin's graduation. It was great gettting to be with lots of family and I LOVE San Antonio. My family left at 5 in the morning and drove all day to Pensacola Beach Florida. Let me tell you the beach there is absolutely gorgeous. The sand is like sugar and it squeaks when you drag your feet through it. I love the condos where we stayed and the view was breath-taking. The weather was perfect and everyday we got up, put our swimsuits/sunscreen on, and headed out to the beach. We would stay there until lunch, go out for a little while longer, and then come back in to get ready for dinner. The desserts we had were delicious and HUMONGOUS!!!! We ate at a cool surf place out by a dock, an Irish restaurant with dollar bills over every surface, and a couple other really yummy places. And Yes, I tried multiple kinds of fish, fried oysters, and crab legs. Lauren and I got up early to see the sunrise and it was beautiful. The colors of the sky across the water at sunrise and sunset were gorgeous. Hud and Harp were perfect in the car and it was so much fun watching them on the beach. It was a wonderful vacation and I had so much fun being with all my family.
On to June...
I went with Brandon to his youngest brother's graduation party while on our way to my cousin Emily's wedding in Stephenville. The place where the party was held was incredible and had every single activity you could possibly want at a party. The house was beautiful and I loved the set up outside. Then it was on to Emily and Austin's wedding. It was held at my aunt and uncle's house just like Courtney and Bob's and it was so amazing. Even though it was the same place, both weddings were unique in their own way and matched each girls' tastes. Emily looked gorgeous and was glowing. I know she and Austin will be so happy together!!!
The next weekend Brandon and I headed out of town again to meet up with Brenna, John, Tamara and Gerardo at Bren's Papa' lake house. It turned out that we couldn't take the boat out but we still had a great and lazy weekend. We floated in tubes, ate, played Bocci ball, watched movies, played lots of cards and ate some more. I went to Laci's Bachelorette party the next weekend and it was sooo good to see her and meet the other bridesmaids'. I had a fun time and great food at the Iron Cactus in downtown Dallas. June was also the month I had to complete ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support). I was dreading it forever and it turned out not to be so bad. It was an online course where you have to "save" 9 different "people" who come into the ER. It was actually pretty cool b/c the "people" interact with you and tell you what's wrong, what helps and what makes things worse. I am soooooooooo glad to be done with it and look forward to retaking it every 2 years. (Can you sense my sarcasm?) I also decided back in June that I would start looking at getting a new car...I had plans to get a 4Runner, more to come on that. :)
July
For the 4th of July, I headed up to Wichita Falls. I hadn't been there since Xmas time! I hung out with my girl Tamara all weekend. We went to dinner at this cute pizza place called "The Spot" and it was so yummy!!! I had some amazing Hawaiian pizza and we split a deep-fried snickers! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I also spent some time catching up with my grandparents. We headed out on Saturday to Lake Amon Carter with the boys and Sarah at Luke's Lakehouse. I had a blast out there. We went out on the lake and I learned how to wake board...well I could stand up atleast and then ate the waves as soon as I tried to turn to the front. I am still pretty proud of myself for standing up though! The guys put on a great fireworks display as always, and watching it on the dock was so cool b/c we got to see fireworks all across the lake! Gorgeous!!!
On the 5th my sweet little niece turned "2" and on the 13th my nephew turned "4"!!! I can't believe they are getting so big!
One of my best friends from childhood Laci Dawn Wiggins married her British love, John Nottley, in Austin. We decided to make a mini vacation out of it and headed down there early. Bren, John, Brandon and I went down that Thursday and hung out and were joined by Tamara and Gerardo Friday night. It was so great to finally meet Laci's John and see all her family. Saturday morning was the wedding and it was so beautiful. The little chapel overlooked Lake Travis and it was so pretty. CONGRATULATIONS Laci and John!!!
From Austin, we all headed down to San Antonio to finish out our trip and stay at my brother/SIL's house. (Thank you guys again so much, we had an awesome time!) All 6 of us napped that afternoon and then headed out to the Riverwalk. We ate some good food and enjoyed ourselves down there. I always love going to the riverwalk!!! On Sunday, Autumn and David (mine and Bren's old ACU roommate and her hubby) came over and went to Schlitterbaun with us. We all had soooooooo much fun and there was so much to do! We were a little worried that we might fry out there all day but I was surprisingly cold most of the day b/c they had so much shade and freezing cold water! After we changed and headed over to Gruene to eat at the Gristmill---amazing food! We were all worn out but went over to Autumn and David's house for some dessert to end the night. I really like their house and they have gotten alot done. The plan was to float the river on Monday but we were all exhausted and tired of water, so we headed home. I had so much fun and can't wait to get together with everyone again!
The next week I went to my first Ranger's game in 3 yrs and we had awesome seats behind home plate! Then my parents came in town for a day on their way to San Antonio. My cousins Micah and Korilynn had been staying with them so it was good to see them too! My dad went with me to look at cars. I test drove a 4Runner and loved it. Then my dad said, "Why don't you just try driving the Highlander while we're here." So I did and I LOVED it even more! Never did I think I would veer from wanting a 4Runner but I was proved wrong! So we went through the whole dealing process, but I really didn't want to buy that day since I had just changed my mind. :) And, I had to go pick up my mom so we could go see "COLDPLAY" in concert. Hands down...the BEST concert I have ever been too! They are so animated and entertaining..and all over the place. Their special effects are awesome and I loved every single minute of it!!! Then to make the week even better, on Friday Brandon and I went to see "THE FRAY"!!!! They were amazing as well. We enjoyed a nice relaxing night sitting on the lawn and listening to them. On Saturday, I went to dinner with some girls at BJ's and then to Jazz in the park in Addison Circle. So much fun and very relaxing.
And present day August
My parents left for Colorado for 3 weeks, their 2nd time there this summer. My sister and Tyson headed up there as well for a week. Tyson had been planning on proposing to Laruen there and his plan played out just as he had hoped. He took her on a hike/picnic lunch and proposed on a mountain. SHE SAID "YES"!!!! I am so excited for them and can't wait to have Tyson be an official part of our family!!!
Besides working, I began to seriously look at cars, loans, and got everything in order. I even went to test drive the GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave since they are similar to Highlanders. I still really liked the latter and decided that's what I really wanted!!! :) After going to try to make a deal, we discovered that "my car" was actually in San Antonio. So...my sister was coming into town Thursday night so we could look at wedding dresses for her that weekend and I persuaded her to drive with me to San Antonio to pick up my car...of course she was happy to do so! :) Then, after calling my brother and Sil, Matt agreed to go to the dealership with me and make me a deal! So, after work Lauren and I headed to San Antonio and had a nice little road trip. We were thrilled to see Matt, Alli, Hud and Harp and Ace...any excuse to see our fave little Mullins family! Matt went with me Friday night and after test driving my car we made a deal and drove home with my brand new car!!! I got a 2009 Highlander in Blizzard Pearl and it is GORGEOUS!!! I had always said growing up that I would never own a white car, but after driving a black car for almost 10 yrs I didn't want another one for a while! The color is very shimmery and I love it! It also has all the features I wanted and I am sooooo excited about it! Now I just need to sell my Mustang...which I am kind of sad about. I have had to practice parking some and let me tell you it is totally different than parking my little 'stang! I am starting to get the hang of it and it's a small price to pay! :) Let the car payments begin....
Coming up next: My favorite month September...for many reasons!!! :)

3 comments:
Way to go on updating! It's been too long! You have had a fun summer.
Love your new ride. Hope you have enjoyed driving it, and that you have learned to park it. It was soo good seeing you and Lauren. Hopefully we won't go too long in between visits!
Love you...Alli
So good to hear an update on things in your world! Sounds like things are going fabulously with you! I hope your September is just as wonderful!
WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so glad you updated. I like hearing everything in your words with your pics.
I LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment