Thursday, October 18, 2007
Last night at church we had a guy from "Let's Start Talking" give a talk about the organization. If you aren't familiar with it I'll give you a brief explanation. It's a program that uses the Bible to teach people in other countries how to speak English. I have had some friends who were involved with this program and after listening to the speaker it sounds like something I want to do. I have been looking for different ways to step out of my comfort zone and this would definitely be a huge opportunity to do so. It's an amazing and simple way to share God's word and also an awesome way to see a different part of the world! What could be better? It's a 2-3 week trip over the summer and there are so many places to choose from! I am seriously contemplating doing this and I know a few others from church who are going as well! There is a meeting on Sunday so I will find out more details then. One of my regrets from college is never going on a Spring Break Campaign and this is pretty close to something like that. Anyways...I'll update when I find out more. I am really excited about this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Melissa,
I only went on one Spring Break Campaign, and it was an LST trip to Nashville, and I loved it! And Laura, Kristina and Brandon Swain did LST in Russia. I think it would be an awesome experience for you!
go for it!!! i know of a few people who have done it too. its an amazing organization! life changing. i wish i would have done a sbc too!!!
Post a Comment