Can Christmas really be next Friday?!?!?! I feel like it should still be September! Obviously, since I haven't posted since August. :) So a little month-to-month recap...
SEPTEMBER
*Well, to start off my favorite month....Brandon and I celebrated our 1 yr dating anniversary. I couldn't believe it had gone by so fast that we were first set up on a blind date! I am very thankful for my sweet friend Heather that set us up! He is the absolute best and soooo good to me! :) We also celebrated my 26th birthday the same night....at Pappa's Steakhouse. Matt and Allison had a gift card that they weren't going to use so they gave it to us and I am so glad they did. The food there was absolutely amazing and a real experience. We were there for over 3 hrs....eating the whole time! :) They had the best bread, yummy steak, sides, appetizers, DESSERT and just a beautiful atmosphere. I highly recommend it! For my bday Brandon got me an I-Touch...LOVE IT!!!
*My Mustang was also sold by Allison's sweet dad and I couldn't be happier to have that over with. I didn't want to have to stress about that and it was nice to put a chunk of money towards my new car!
*I made the decision to move into my Grandad's house to save money and pay off my car sooner. I also thought it would be good company for the both of us. He hasn't been feeling the greatest and I always feel bad that I would breeze in and out dropping off groceries and not staying for very long to visit.
*On the 25th, Brandon celebrated his 26th birthday. I had been telling him that I would go eat sushi with him sometime so what better time than his special day. Now that's love people. :) We went to his favorite place Piranha's and I must admit I liked it. We started off with Sashimi tuna which I was a little leary about but tried it anyways. I was pleasantly surprised. I had the "Sexyroll" that had coconut shrimp, rice, crawfish, avocado, and mango in it and it was really good. Brandon had the "Everything Roll" so who knows what kind of fish I tried in it. It was definitely a fun experience and I almost mastered the chopsticks! haha. For his present I got him tickets to the Tech/OU game that was in November. More to come on that later...
*Autumn, my old college roommate, came for her annual visit. We had a great time shopping, saw "Love Happens", and ate some good food. It's nice to have friendships that you can just pick up where you left off. :)
OCTOBER
*First off, my little sister turned 22!!!! Can't believe it! I absolutely love my little twinsy!
*Then...Brandon had gone out of town to Mississippi for the weekend and I received an intriguing text telling me to check my email when I got home. So I pull up my email and there are pictures of lab puppies that his dad's friend is selling. The cutest puppies I have ever seen! He proceeds to tell me that he will bring me one home if I want one. (Side note: Since I was moving in with my Grandad I had been toying with the idea of getting a dog. ) Well, how could I say no to the sweet and cute pictures of these puppies! I went back and forth all weekend and talked it over with my Grandad...and decided to get one! I told Brandon to pick the calmest girl...after seeing "Marley and Me" you can't be too careful! haha I had to work the first few days she was here but I fell in love with her immediately! After some deliberation we decided on naming her Zoey. It's kinda sassy and that definitely describes my baby girl. She is very energetic and adorable! I had to keep her in my apt for a few weeks before I moved but we made it out without getting in trouble. :) I let her sleep with me since I couldn't let her cry it out in my apt and she is a little cuddler and pillow hog. I seriously think having a puppy is harder than a baby at first...b/c they are like toddlers from the get go. Brandon's mom is letting me use their old crate so I am crate training Zoey now that we are at my Grandad's. She does really well sleeping in it but doesn't really like to be in there if we are at home. I am proud to say that she is potty trained, sits, lays down, shakes (ambidextrous I might add...pretty proud of that), rolls over for Brandon, and is not biting quite as much. I have a DVD called "The Dogfather" from one of my coworkers that I am going to be using to train her and then still take her to puppy classes in January. I am definitley not the leader of the pack at this time. :)
*My long time friend Matt Owen married Cori Lynn mid-October and it was such a sweet wedding. It was nice to be back in WF for a few days and show Brandon where I grew up. I also got to see sweet little Grace, Bren, John, Tamara, and Gerardo, and all my WF friends.
NOVEMBER
*I finished moving out and my sweetheart of a mom came to help me paint my room (which turned out to be the same color but hey it feels fresh. ) and finish moving some things. Thanks mom for all you do for me!!!!
*The weekend before Thanksgiving Brandon finally got to enjoy his BDAY present. We headed to Lbk for the morning game and the weather turned out to be really nice. I had a lot of fun at the game and our seats turned out to be really good. (I was a little worried when I ordered them.) And of course it was fun b/c they WON!!!! My friend from high school, Tiffany, her husband and their 1yr old live in LBK and we stopped by to see them for a little bit. I hadn't seen Tiffany since last summer at her shower when she was pregnant and now Colson is 1! Then we headed on to Abilene to stay the night with Bren and John and the now 1 yr old Grace. It was so good to see all of them and that Sunday we went to church/lunch with Lauren and Tyson. Those little luv birds will be tying the knot this June in Colorado!!! Can't wait!!!
* I had to work Thanksgiving so I went home the first of the week for a visit and had a lot of fun with the Mullins/Cupps families. And I was so proud of little Zoey for being well behaved. :) Brandon took her to his family's Thanksgiving since I worked and she had fun/behaved with him as well. She LOVES other dogs and I wish I had friend nearby so she could play everyday. She gets all that energy out and is just the perfect little angel. :)
DECEMBER
*And now it's almost Christmas....Wow time flies. I have been working and getting settled in. I really love my room and it's nice and cozy. :) Poor little Zoey had her surgery last week (no babies for this puppy) and you would never even know it. She slept for 3 hrs and was good to go. *Last year at work we had Quadruplets and my friend Lauren from work and I, plus a few others, helped out in the delivery. Lauren had told their mom that she would babysit sometime and so she and I went to babysit them. We had so much fun and they are just precious!!! They had 2 boys and 2 girls. Their mom is so organized and they are the sweetest family!
*Work has been pretty steady with everyone who can trying to deliver before the new year...TAX DEDUCTION. Seriously, it's ridiculous! I get XMAS off and will be headed to San Antonio with my family and spending the holiday with my bro's family. I am so excited and it will be fun to be with Hud and Harp playing with their new presents.
*I have a few trips coming up...skiing in Angelfire at the end of January and possibly going to the Bahamas with some girls in February.
Sorry if this is just me rambling...I need to do better about posting and not just updating! :) I will post pictures later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Even though I know all this.. I still like reading it.. I like how you update!
It's about time for an update...I enjoyed it and seeing pictures of little Zoey growing into BIG Zoey. As Grandaddy says, "you can just see her growing before your eyes".
We enjoyed Christmas with you!
I love you,
Mom
Post a Comment