So back in January Brandon found out that he won a free trip to CABO b/c he was one of the top salesmen of the year...and he invited me to come along! I think there were a couple hundred people from AT&T that went. I was so excited because I have never been and it was FREE!!!
We left last Sunday...early...and got to Cabo that afternoon. We stayed at the Westin Resort and after we checked in we just went exploring around the resort/beach area. It was absolutely gorgeous and I just couldn't believe we were actually there. We spent some time laying out and hanging out with some of his At&t friends. That night they had a welcoming Luau dinner out on the beach with a band. It was really nice and I loved everything about it! Hearing the waves in the background and the nice night breeze---pure serenity! :)
Monday we woke up and went to breakfast...it overlooked the ocean and you could see the blue whales swimming and jumping out of the water. It was soooo beautiful and calming to sit there and watch. There was a mini golf course there so after breakfast we played there for a little while. This was the day for our free activity. So we layed out on the beach for a while and then went and got massages!!! It was great and was much needed! :) We ate lunch at a hotel restaurant and were very entertained by some birds that were stealing chips off the table next to us. One of them had a chip stuck in his mouth and couldn't close his beak...the waiter shooed them off and he flew away with his mouth wide open with that chip. It was hilarious! I layed out the rest of the day while Brandon golfed with one of his friends. That night they took us all into Cabo San Lucas to a place called "The Office". They had live entertainment with audience participation. We both got up on stage at different times...I helped demonstrate a Mexican dance with the host for a couples dance off. We had a lot of fun and they were some crazy guys entertaining us. They had long tables set up on the beach behing the restaurant front and lots of good food!
Tuesday we got up early for breakfast again and then layed out some. We were each given $140 to spend on another activity/lunch. We chose to go scubadiving! Now I have never tried it and have only snorkled in our pool...so I was a little nervous but Brandon and a couple other guys assured me I would love it and want to do it over and over again. Brandon and the two guys we went with were certified so they were able to go by themselves and go up to a 100ft deep. They put me with a guide who talked me through all the basics and we went about 30-40ft deep. Let me just say that getting into that scuba suit was soooo hard! They gave me the smallest one they had and he said "we don't use it that much so it's going to be harder to put on". Thanks! haha. The guide helped me get it on and he was literally lifting me off the ground as he pulled it up. We got all our gear and headed out to the boat with a few others. After my crash course in scuba, I was given my flippers, goggles, had weights tied around my waist and then my vest/oxygen tank...and then I almost fell over trying to walk to the side of the boat! It was sooo heavy! I fell back in the water and found the anchor line and started following the guide. Well the thought of being under water for 45 min breathing from a tank started freaking me out...so I came back up to surface, talked it out with Kiki-the guide, and then we went back under. I was fine after that! :) It was absolutely incredible...seeing massive schools of fish swimming by, starfish, eels, coral, and so much more. It was by far one of the coolest things I've ever done. And I must say I was very proud of myself! :) We got back on the boat and they took us out to the Arch/Lovers' Beach area...and then asked us if we wanted to swim with the Sea Lions. Let me tell you that as cute as they were those things smell sooooooooo bad!!! I didn't know if I was going to make it b/c the water was getting so choppy and I was feeling so sick! The guides said it would get better if I just got off the boat, so they dressed me again and off we went. The sea lions would come right up next to us and swim around....it was really an awesome experience! So glad I did it! We didn't get back until after 5 and had to start getting ready for dinner. They had a nice awards ceremony/dinner prepared and it was really pretty! We had a very nice dinner and it was good to hang out and visit with everyone we'd met.
Wednesday was our last day so we got up extra early to pack and get ready, then went to eat breakfast. I could eat that way everyday...there is just nothing better than looking out at the ocean, listening to the lulling of the waves and being in paradise! We played miniature golf again until it was time to go...and I almost beat Brandon! (He is a big golfer so that would have been a great win! :) ) We had an amazing time and I was so sad to have to come back to the real world and go back to work!
I will be going to Las Vegas next (another free trip Brandon won) and then to Canada with 3 of my Guatemala girls to go skiing! I am so excited!!!

1 comment:
WOW!! An Update...2 updates!!! I feel bad that I just now read them.
I am so happy for you and Brandon. It really looks like ya'll are having a great time together.
I am so ready for my turn to go to Cabo. Maybe..jay has been thinking about it. I just need a sitter :0)
I LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment